Wind energy can be quiet effective on most of the cases but sometimes can be totally ineffective as well. For producing about 600 watt of electricity you will need the wind blowing at 20 miles per hour continuously so that it can rotate the blade which in turn rotates the shaft. Solar Panels Perth But are you sure that you will get such a high speed wind for long enough so that you can produce the right amount of electricity. This is really a very big question mark and you will definitely be in dilemma because you will not be getting so much of wind always. However you will also have to notice the point that the wind energy is free from all kinds of pollution.
I would not like to create confusion but it is well known that the wind energy has its pros as well as cons. Without taking any time I am presenting some of the pros as well as cons of the wind energy below.
Pros Some of the pros are as follows:
1. Well the biggest advantage with the wind energy is that you can produce the electricity at your home with the help of the wind energy. You just require to have enough space and that’s it you can build your own electricity generation system.
2. The second advantage which I can see is the pollution factor. The wind mills are free from all kind of pollutions and you are free for pollutions like air pollution in particular as well as water pollution as done by various thermal power plant. Even the hydro electric power plant has not so much of advantages.
3. The third advantage which I can see is the cost. The cost of producing electricity with the help of wind is quiet low. You can build your own system with the help of just $200 which even a child can afford with his pocket money.
Cons Some of the cons are as below:
1. The biggest drawback of the wind energy is that you need a very high speed wind to produce electricity. For example you will require wind at a speed not less than 20 miles per hour. This is quiet a huge ask. Hence we cannot afford the wind energy in the regions where there is no wind.
2. The second disadvantage which I am seeing is that of greasing. Since most of the parts of the system is moving. Hence you will require the greasing of all the parts, like gears if used as well as the blades so that they require least wind and move on smoothly. Hence there is a maintenance cost which you will have to pay.
These are some of the advantages as well as disadvantages of wind energy. However, I do agree that there are more advantages than disadvantages.